Afternoon Guided Crater Rim Walk
- Duration: 4 Hours (approx.)
- Product code: CRW003
- Personal guided walking tour for small groups of up to 10
- Transport from the CBD to the walk in a 12 seater van (30mins)
- Return hotel transfers within 5km of CBD
- Light afternoon tea
- Water bottle to keep
- Walking sticks and a day bag
You will be picked up by your guide, who will entertain you with the history of Christchurch on the 30 minute drive our to Sumner/Lyttelton where your walk will commence. Visit the Crater Rim surrounding the caldera of the ancient volcano. Take in amazing views of the rugged Pacific coastline stretching across Pegasus Bay to the often snow covered Southern Alps, Lyttelton harbour and wide expanses of the Pacific Ocean. Total walking time is approximately 2.5 hours with a short break for morning / afternoon tea, before returning to Christchurch City.
WHAT TO WEAR/BRING
- Comfortable walking shoes or hiking boots (sneakers are fine)
- Comfortable clothes depending on the season (shorts/leggings and a t-shirt)
- A warm layer of clothing and a jacket
- Sunblock and a sun hat
This walk is scheduled 12 months of the year. Any days when the weather or track conditions prevent us from walking we will reschedule or refund.
We are happy to cater for special dietary requirements, let us know when you book.