Family Day Trip
- Duration: 6 Hours (approx.)
- Product code: CRW008
- Personal guided walking tour for families / small groups of up to 10
- Transport from the CBD to the walk in a 12 seater van (30mins)
- Return hotel transfers within 5km of CBD
- Hot drink at a local cafe
- Light morning tea
- Water bottle to keep
- Gourmet Picnic Lunch
- Walking sticks and a day bag
You will be picked up by your guide, who will entertain you with the history of Christchurch on the 30 minute drive our to Sumner/Lyttelton where your walk will commence. Hot drinks are provided at a local café before setting off along the coastal track. We have a selection of great options depending on how far you would like to walk, so your guide will be in touch to discuss and plan the perfect itinerary for you. Picnic lunch is provided at a picturesque location along the way. Total walking time can be anything from 1-3 hours, with plenty of time to stop for adventures along the way. Return to Christchurch City with fantastic photos and memories of a special day out.
WHAT TO WEAR/BRING
- Comfortable walking shoes or hiking boots (sneakers are fine)
- Comfortable clothes depending on the season (shorts/leggings and a t-shirt)
- A warm layer of clothing and a jacket
- Sunblock and a sun hat
- Swimming costume and towels (optional)
This day out is scheduled 12 months of the year, although swimming is often only suitable from November - March. Any days when the weather or track conditions prevent us from walking we will offer an alternative option or date, or refund.
We are happy to cater for special dietary requirements, let us know when you book.